NACD's Fall 2020 edition of The Resource has arrived! Click the cover below to begin browsing the latest publication from the National Association of Conservation Districts.
With the changing season comes many new and exciting developments for NACD, despite the continued uncertainty of the future during these unprecedented and challenging times. This coming fall, we have continued to adapt and update our programs and resources to better serve our nation's conservation districts amidst the ongoing COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic.
In this latest edition, you'll find updates from NACD including:
- Lessons learned and takeaways from NACD on how to host a successful virtual meeting
- Updates on NACD's programs, including the Friends of NACD District Grants Program and Technical Assistance (TA) Grant Program
- An update from NACD's Government Affairs team, looking ahead at 2021
- An update on NACD's 2021 Annual Meeting, now scheduled to be held virtually from Feb. 1-10, 2021
- And more!
You'll also read about how conservation districts are continuing to champion locally-led conservation in their communities, including:
- An update from the Chippewa Cree Tribal Conservation District's youth corps pilot program
- How the Upper Willamette Soil and Water Conservation District is providing wildfire relief to Oregon's communities
- How the Northern Neck Soil and Water Conservation District in Virginia is taking steps in making employee field safety a top priority
- And more!
As this year comes to a close, we are so thankful for all of you and your continued support in helping create the success stories you'll find in this fall edition. These stories are a true testament to the strength in our work and all those involved, from our national agricultural leaders and partners to the conservation district staff carrying out NACD's mission throughout our nation's lands. We hope you will enjoy this latest edition, and we look forward to all the work we have together in the future, as we continue serving our local communities.
As you read the latest edition, please let us know if you have any ideas for the next edition of The Resource. To download a copy of this edition, please click the cloud icon in the lower right-hand corner. Browse past editions of The Resource on NACD's website and please let us know if you have any questions or comments about this edition.
NACD Director of Communications